While at the Hotel Galvez this year, we enjoyed many Seahorses at their pool. This cocktail is sweet enough to be tasty, but light & refreshing enough that you can enjoy a few of them without that “heavy” feeling.
Blue Bell Ice Cream’s Homemade in the Shade is a treat, for those who’ve never had it. It’s simply homemade vanilla ice cream and a fudge swirl. It also makes a great frozen drink with a little bit of effort.
- Place 4, 5, oh hell, make it 6 scoops of the ice cream into a blender.
- Add a cup, at the most, of milk and a handful of ice.
- Blend till it’s a pretty even mix of yumminess.
- Now add a couple of shots (each) of whisky, rum, and cognac.
- Blend, adding extra ice cream or ice as needed.
That’s it! Enjoy.
- 1 part Scotch whisky
- 1 part cherry brandy
- 1 part sweet vermouth
- 1 part orange juice
Shake well with cracked ice and strain into cocktail glass.
The bartenders at Austin’s Olive and June serve a wonderful cocktail called a “Blessed Italian”. Thanks to the Austin American-Statesman, we have the recipe for it:
Blessed Italian Cocktail from Olive & June
- 1.5 oz. Bowmore Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- .75 oz. Cardamaro
- .5 oz honey water
- .5 oz. lime juice
- 4 dashes bitters
- Grated nutmeg garnish
Combine everything (except the nutmeg) into a shaker with ice. Shake to mix, strain into a cold glass with fresh ice. Add grated nutmeg to garnish and enjoy!