Simple but Delicious Apple BrandyCourse: DrinksCuisine: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
Brandy is pretty good on its own, especially during colder weather. A tasty alternative is apple brandy, especially this DIY version. Smooth and warming, without the usual sharp brandy bite.
1 bottle brandy (750ml size)
2 apples, cored, sliced, peeled
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
3 – 4 whole cloves
Cinnamon stick, about 4 inch size
- In small pan, add the sugar to water, over medium low heat. Stir till sugar is completely dissolved. Let sit with heat off.
- Add apples to glass container. Add spices, then sugar water mixture. Stir to mix, then add brandy.
- Store complete mixture in sealed glass container for at least 10 days.
- Open container and pour contents through sieve. Set solids aside, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Store apples in sealed container for use later. (Makes great bread)
- Save brandy in sealable jar. Serve and enjoy.