Carne EnchiladasCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Enchiladas don’t have to be made with just cheese or chicken. Try making them with skirt steak. It gives a hearty rich flavor to a warm comfort-food meal.
1.75lb skirt steak, fat trimmed
1.5 medium onion, diced
8oz shredded cheese. Preferably Oaxaca or a Mexican blend
18 Corn tortillas
8oz diced green chili
11oz (1 can) black beans
- Preheat oven to 370F.
- Grill or cook in a hot pan, the skirt steak. No more than 5 minutes per side. Season each side with Hardcore Carnivore Meatchilada before flipping. Set aside to rest.
- Without rinsing the pan, add the diced onion along with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté onions till translucent, scraping the pan to deglaze.
- Set onions aside, dice the steak, place in bowl. Add green chili and onions, stir to mix.
- Place layer of tortillas in 13 by 9 inch pan. 6 tortillas should do. Add steak mix, spread to cover tortillas. Add cheese.
- Add another layer of tortillas, steak mix, cheese.
- Cover with one more layer of tortillas. Pour black beans over tortillas, spread to cover. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes. When done, you will see that the cheese is melted and you may see some bubbling of juices.
- You should have enough cheese to do three layers, 2 thicker than the third.