When I travel to California for work, it’s becoming a habit for my friend Karim Marucchi & I to have steaks at least once. I enjoy cooking them, so we’ve begun doing dinners at his house with friends and ribeyes have become the steak of choice. How can you go wrong with that? This recipe is simplicity at its best.
Cooking a Ribeye Recipe
By May 22, 2017Published:
- Yield: 1 steak (1 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
When I travel to California for work, it's becoming a habit for my friend Karim Marucchi & I to have steaks at least once. I enjoy …
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and place on a counter to warm.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high flame.
- When the skillet is warm, add olive oil and 1 pat of butter to the pan to melt and spread.
- Add steak to skillet. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Season exposed side with salt.
- Turn steak over. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Season exposed side with salt & pepper.
- When 1 minute remains, add a pat of butter to the exposed side and let melt into steak.
- Remove steak from skillet. Let rest for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve. Steak should be medium rare, cooked all the way through but red and juicy in the middle. IF steak is thicker than an inch, you may want to cook for 7 minutes per side.
- This steak works great with a chimichurri sauce and pairs great with a bold red wine.